The existence of two medical services in the UAF leads to the uncertainty in management and responsibility reduces speed of the decision making process and implementation. The system of training of medical personnel of the UAF is outdated and does not contain all the required levels. The approaches in medical logistics are outdated. Evacuation is regulated insufficiently. The implementation of the NATO principles and standards is needed to improve the medical service of the UAF and to provide interoperability with NATO countries.
Project design and implementation in cooperation with the Ministry of Defence, General Staff and NATO experts: establishing unified military medical service of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in cooperation with the Ministry of Defence and the General Staff; reorganizing the military medical service on operational and tactical levels; changing military medical training on tactical level; development of evacuation doctrine; informational support of the military medical service.
Coordination: Medical Subcommittee in Multinational Joint Commission (MJC), foreign medical advisors, medical information system project, medical branch in the Reform Committee in Ministry of Defence (unified medical space; medical support of operations; standards, programs, training; rehabilitation; medical supplies; information technologies), Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Health cooperation, Coordination Center of the Defence Forces Medical Services in the Cabinet of Ministers, regulatory framework development and implementing NATO principles and standards.
- The US medical advisor for the Ukrainian Ministry of Defence on a regular basis has been involved, NATO assessment team made the express analysis of the military medical services using DOTMLPF approach
- The structure and functions of the unified military medical service of the Ukrainian Armed Forces has been projected and adopted, will be launched by the end of 2017
- Training programs, qualification standards for tactical medicine (all military, CLS, Combat medic) have been projected and the implementing has been begun
- Tactical medicine training center was created as the step of the development of the UKR Defence forces health services training center, the final location was selected and approved both by the CHOD and Minister of Defence
- Key NATO documents for the medical support were translated, prioritized, the expert boards for reviewing and forming standards were created, by the end of the year UKR medical service will have policies and doctrines considering MC 326/3, AJP 4.10 NATO and AMEDP-24
- In close cooperation with the Ministry of Health the coordination body for the UKR Defence forces health services in the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers was created
- Establishment of the unified military medical service of the Ukrainian Armed Forces
- Regulation of military medicine according to the principles and standards of NATO, science based clinical guidelines
- Changing the system of military medical training at the tactical level, including military nurses and physician assistants
- Reorganization of medical service of brigade
- Evacuation doctrine development
- Medical information system project
- Human resources program for the military medical service
- Informational support