Reform of the Ministry of Defence procurement Ukraine
Unregulated Ukrainian legislation in the sphere of public procurements, primarily paper-based document control and lack of transparent and fair tender procedures result in the inefficient use of public money and corruption. As a result, the level of logistical support of the army drops and poor quality equipment and weapon systems are procured putting at risk security of forces and the public.
Total replacement of all procurement rules and procedures, e-procurement and e-document control systems implementation. Qualification evaluation of MOD Public Procurement Department staff and replace employees, if necessary. Establishment of a new procurement component to join the NATO Support and Procurement Agency’s services and projects.
- MOD became the first ministry to use e-auctions for procurements
- Started on integration with NATO Support and Procurement Agency’s services and projects
- Approved approach to re-organization of МОD's Public Procurement Department
- MOD procurement web-site established
- Transition to e-document control in progress
- Draft documents concerning joining of NAVY logistics partnership and military medical assistance partnership
- Establish an e-procurement sector at the Public Procurement Department
- Complete e-document control system deployment